Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My New President

There have been many thoughts racing through my mind since the outcome of the election. Some are dissappointing and nerv-racking; while others are hopful and envision opportunity. Yet, the thought that reigns the most in my mind is Daniel 2:20-21; "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, For wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings (and presidents) and raises kings up." The Amercian people are not the one who put Senator Obama in office; our sovereign God did. We only played an ordained role in the process.

Overall I am pleased with the outcome because God has spoken. He answered my prayers. I asked for his will to be done. Though it is not the desired outcome that I wanted, it is the best for us, no matter the consequences. Already it has forced me to pray. I pray that God will protect and sustain our new president's family. I pray that God will give him wisdom. I pray that God will give him a sincere since of value for life; not only in war, but in the womb as well. I pray that God will show him the magnificance of marriage by opeing his eyes to see the beauty of the relationship between Christ and His church; and that President elect Obama will protect the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.

I would like to encourage you to read Albert Mohlers posting on todays blog. He wrote a very thoughtful and insightful response to Senator Obama's election to office. His words capture the magnitude of the day, tempured with a touch of concern. He is a wonderful writer and will force you to think in 3D.

America Has Chosen A President

No comments:

Post a Comment