Saturday, November 29, 2008

Abigail Lillian Plumer


O Lord , our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth! You have set Your glory above the heavens, out of the mouth of babes and infants…”
Psalm 8:2


God has given us a glimpse of His majestic glory and grace in allowing our daughter, Abigail, to be born on November 25, 2008. By His mercy, both Stacy and Abbie, are healthy and doing well. We are undeserving of such compassion and blessing and do appreciate what our Father has done for us.


Below I have written a chronological order of what transpired that day. I have also included some stats and why we named her Abigail. I have tried to conjure up some of my thoughts and feelings of the day. However, I am speechless. I marvel inexpressibly at how God brings a life into this world. It is almost incomprehensible; much like he is. So instead of trying to piece together everything I was thinking and feeling at the time, I have spared you and kept it brief. Feel free to comment on the blog if you like. At the very end is a slide show of baby pictures of Abbie and the kids loving on her. Please enjoy.

Chronological Order of Events


Stacy went her weekly doctors appointment on Monday November 24, 2008. At the appointment, after considering her previous history of rapid birthing and the convenience of me being home for the week from work, Dr. Jones decided to induce her the next day. We arrived at the hospital at 6:30am. We were put in a birthing room and Stacy was given a once over by the nurses. At 7:30am Stacy was given pitocin to begin inducing labor. At 8:15am Dr. Jones broke her water. After an hour and nine minutes labor, baby Abigail was born at 9:24am.

Stats


Abigail Lillian Plumer weighed 7.45 pounds and was 19 ½ inches long.

Why the Name?


Stacy and I both believe in the value of a strong name. The bible says that “a good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold.” (Proverbs 22:1) Following this piece of wisdom, Stacy and I set out to pray and consider strong names for all of our children. Naomi was named after Ruth’s mother in-law in the book of Ruth. Her name means “pleasant one” in Hebrew. Her middle name, Susanne, was a combination of a family name on Stacy’s side and my mothers name. Ethan was a music leader in the book of Chronicles and his name means “strong or bold” in Hebrew. His middle name is Matthew, named after Stacy’s younger brother who passed away at the age of 23 from a rare form of cancer. As you can see, the first name finds its significance from God’s word and the middle name carries the tribute of someone in our family. Abigail’s name is no different.


Abigail means “a fathers joy” in Hebrew, and is found in the book of 1 Samuel. Abigail was a bold woman who did what was right by honoring king David when her husband failed to do so. Our Abigail’s middle name is Lillian. Lillian was my grandmothers name on my mothers side. I wanted to honor her because I believe she is one of the most influential people in my faith. Because of her prayers and her forthrightness in her commitment to Christ, I personally know my redeemer lives.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Praise God for new life!

    Can't wait to see Abigail and the rest of the family in less than a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy. We look forward to seeing you and Jo Jo as well. be good and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a pretty little thing! May God continue to richly bless you and yours. Thanks for sharing - it brought a smile!

    =) Ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little Abigail Lillian. We love the name and enjoy the detail of what each of your children's name means.

    The slide show of Abigail and the family is precious, especially since we are so far away. But of course, we are anxious to hold, kiss, cuddle her and Naomi and Ethan.

    We praise the Lord for blessing you with a healthy child.

    Love, Grandma Peggy and Papa Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ed, Peggy, and Paul for your comments. We love each of you and look forward to seeing you Paul and Peggy and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Baby!!! I'm so excited for you guys...and I do love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congragulations Jason and Stacy! I miss you all. Abigail is beautiful. Know that I think about you everyday and Love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete