Saturday, December 13, 2008

New Updates

I just wanted to drop a little FYI about the new things I have added to the blog. First, I have added a reference tool called Reftagger. Reftagger allows me to type a scripture reference in a post without having to type in the entire text. If you move your mouse over the reference, a little box with the text will appear.

Try it out! Psalm 121:8, Philippians 4:13, Romans 12:1-2

So What?

Reftagger is good for both the reader and the writer. First it saves me time in having to write out every reference. Secondly, for the reader, it helps you to read everything in context. It keeps me from just using one piece of the text to fit what I want it to say. If you can read the entire text, it helps keep me accountable and you better informed.

Visum De Glorium

I am not a hundred percent for YouTube. I do not believe it is regulated or monitored enough with caution; especially with young people. However, it does serve a good purpose for communication and the gospel. On the left hand side I have added a section called Visum De Glorium (Vision of Glory). You will see 3-5 video boxes. Write now I have several videos of John Piper. I would encourage you to check these out. Most of these videos last between 2-6 minutes. They are theologically meaty and very challenging. If you get nothing out of what I write, you will for sure get something out of what this man says. I will have other speakers, Lord willing, in the future (John MacArthur, R.C. Sproul, Mark Driscol, etc).

Also, I will download some video of my family. Because we live so far away from most of our friends and relatives, I have decided to get a YouTube account to post video on my blog. Lord willing, I will have some video of Naomi's gymnastics Christmas program and Christmas stuff within the month.

I hope to post a more in-depth post shortly. I have been meditating on a few things and hope to put a few of them down soon. I hope is going well with you where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment