Friday, June 19, 2009

A Voice For The UnBorn

The devastation of abortion is becoming more and more aware in my life. I am looking around and being confronted with the reality of brokenness for these women and children. One of the confronting forces recently was in John Pipers book "Brothers We Are Not Professionals." The book consists of thirty pleas for pastors to stop running our churhes like the world and to start living God-centered, Bible saturated, Christ exalting ministries. In chapter 27, "Blow The Trumpet for the Unborn," Piper lays out the biblical argumentation and logical reasoning against abortions. He also gives four practical applications for pastors to call their people to action. He ends the chapter with this:

"Brothers, may we not dare to believe that by the grace of God and the perseverance of His people in prayer an piety and political action there could emerge in the coming decades a consensus for life and that the twenty-first century could look back on our generation with the same dismay that we look back on the slave laws of this land and the concentration camps of World War II? Nationwide reformation has happened before-with Wilboreforce in England and Lincoln in America. It can happen again. Will you put the trumpet to your lips or be silent?"

I love his passion for truth and the elegant way he is able to communicate it. I was further encouraged by his video "Be Courageous Presidnet Barack Obama." You can watch the video on this site. The link is on the left under the Visum De Glorium label. It is the first video. I would encourage you to listen and act. I plan on blowing the trumpet myself for the unborn. I hope you will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment