Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A New Face On Gay Marriage


I try to read several blogs or articles a day. It is a habit I am forming to help me stay informed of cultural trends and to be refreshed by the writings of Godly men. One blog that satisfies both of these is Albert Mohler. He is probably one of the most prolific writers and theologians of our day. He inspires me on so many levels with his deep intellect and casual writing style.
Today I read on his blog about a growing trend in homosexuality. Instead of going into a short synopsis of the blog, I want to encourage you to read it yourself. Mohler does a great job of presenting the issue and explaining how this is detrimental to our society and our faith. Take a few minutes to read the blog. If you get the chance, tell your thoughts about the read on my comment section.
Click on link below to read Albert Mohlers blog




3 comments:

  1. Just reading this article make me angry about the degrading of our American culture. The more I hear about our sexually immoral culture, the more I come to the conclusion that it is being driven by a lack of self control and morality. Perversness exists everywhere and in all facets of our society, both government and religion. It seems to me that people only care about the welfare of themselves and dont care about other people. I ask all of you the question "Where is this once great country headed and what kind of counry will it be for our children?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comment Cropper. Your question is one that I do not believe has a desirable answer. I am not excited about the future of my children in this country. The article exposes a couple of reasons why I feel this way.

    First, in the article the parents of the young men getting married did not have a problem with the union. This gives us a concerned insight to how the younger generations are being brought up. The parents showing no concern that their children are engaged in moral treason against their maker tells us that they were brought up in a Godless home.
    Secondly, the homosexual marriage denounces monogamy and distinguishes between emotional fidelity and sexual fidelity.( Pretty much saying you can have one without the other.) The gay and lesbian community is trying to redefine the sacred union of marriage as nothing more than a “good time while it last.”

    It saddens me that my children are going to grow up battling the fruit of our lack of engagement. That is why we must be committed to pray diligently for our children and raise them up in God centered, Christ exalting, bible saturated home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sad, and very alarming. The lost world says it's okay and, even more alarming, our elected officials say it's okay. Vote Democratic and you'll see all of this come full bloom.

    =) Ed

    ReplyDelete